I’ve come back because I have nowhere else to brag. I stopped running as much because of my knee, but lately I started again in an effort to save time (going to the gym adds at least 45 minutes to workout time). So today, I went for a run. I left at 7:31, stretched for about 10 minutes, and did what I thought was just a medium length run. I didnt sweat a crazy amount, didnt really get bored, and it was just an overall mediocre run. So when came back at 8:31, I wasnt really suprised or disappointed because a ten minute mile is my average.
but heres the plot twist:
In an effort to avoid studying, i mapped my run. AND IT WAS 5.3 MILES. Which means I ran just over a 9 minute mile FOR FIVE MILES. Thats the best Ive done in so long! Im so excited for myself. And i despite what basically everything Ive ever read says, I did it without eating breakfast or drinking coffee or doing any of these preworkout rituals Ive become to believe are necessary. And I was wearing shitty $20 target cross training shoes. My excitement is out of this world.
Anyways, while Im here, heres 10 things that have happened since Ive last been on here
1) My iPod touch broke, which explains my absense from here
2) I got accepted to Cal Poly SLO, Pomona, and CSULB
3) I am taking microbiology and physiology, which are somehow both reviews of what Ive already learned but Im still managing to only get Bs in both (I blame the internet)
4) Ive stopped logging in myfitnesspal (see #1)
5) Jacob is talking to me again. and Im in love.
6) My desire to get out of the city has reached an all time high. I need nature, and i need it now.
7) I downloaded alt Js CD and am loving every second of it
8) Mt High had the shittiest season on record. Ive been snowboarding 6 times this season, and its had less storms than that.
9) I SAW IMAGINE DRAGONS AND NAKED AND FAMOUS AND IT WAS GLORIOUS
10) Eating raw is extremely hard. Im not trying to eat an all raw diet, just incorporate more of said foods into my meals. I was previously unaware how much cooked food I was eating.